Sunday 22 November 2015

Creativity, Art, Design and Photography Q and A

Hello everyone!
 
The other day I was inspired by my good friend Isabel's blog post on a creativity, art, fashion and photography Q and A. I asked her if I could have a go at her Q and A and she said 'of course', so here I go!


This is a photo of part of a whole road of street art I saw in Brighton. I absolutely love street art and the wonderful bright, bold and expressive colours that are used. When I'm walking a long and find some, it always makes me so happy haha!

I've changed a couple of the questions from fashion to design, I absolutely love fashion but I don't know enough about it, if you love fashion and want to know more then check out Isabel's blog!
 
Here's a link to her amazing Q and A Isabel's Creativty; Art, Fashion and Potography Q and A ! I definitely recommend checking Isabel's blog out! Portfolio By Izzie BlogSpot / Portfolio By Izzie Wordpress
 
Right so lets get to the Q and A! Feel free to dip in and out and let me know your answers to the questions too!

 
What is my favourite piece of artwork?
 
'A Bar at the Folies-Bergère' - Edouard Manet
 
'A Bar at the Folies-Bergère' - Edouard Manet
 
As much as I absolutely love contemporary art and using a variety of different mediums, there is something that always brings me back to this painting as being my favourite piece of art work.
 
(I was torn between choosing this and 'water-lily pond' by Monet)
 
I truly love this painting, personally I love how it effects me emotionally. At first glance I am drawn into the girls sad eyes, we as the viewer are looking through the man in the reflections eyes. I love how there is so much going on in the painting, yet it is a freeze frame in time. To me (and please let me know your opinion) I feel that this painting makes me reflect. There is so much going on in the world, we laugh and joke but when do we freeze and ask  if we are we ok? (I know, I'm deep haha)
 
I also love how not only are we seeing through the man's point of view but we can also see her point of view through the refection in the mirror, compositionally I think this painting is brilliant too!
 
Who is my favourite artist?
 
Gerhard Richter
 
This is a self portrait. Gerhard Richter's portraits are very photo-realist yet have this amazingly, interesting and talented blur technique.
Gerhard Richter is my favourite artist because I love his versatility. I am in awe of his work; he inspires me to not be afraid to try something new and step out of my comfort zone.
 
gerhard richter
Gerhard Richter also makes huge squeegee paintings. I had the honour of seeing these in person at the Tate Modern, my last blog post talked about it, feel free to check it out Visiting the Tate Modern
         

I also love Gerhard Richter's photography. He created a series expressing the relationship between mother and child, I love the colours of the physical edit and definitely want to try this out.
 
What is my favourite medium in art?
 
At the moment my favourite is biro as I love how I can over draw and make my drawings so much more expressive and detailed! (I have run out of so many biro pens lately haha, I think I only have one left!)
 
This is a section of a detail drawing of wood bark in black biro I have been working on. I'm drawing on a collage of different man made materials to create different, interesting textures against the biro.
 
 
What is my favourite art movement?
 
I love impressionism! I think it was such a turning point in art at the time it started and I love how different people can see the same thing so differently.
 
Monet, 'The Water-Lily Pond', 1899
This is an impressionist painting by Monet called 'Water-Lily pond'. I love this painting, I had to put it somewhere in this post haha!
 
 What is my favourite invention?

It sounds so super cheesy but my favourite invention is the pencil! Because of the pencil, what we think and feel can be more easily communicated. Because of the pencil, further brilliant inventions have been created!

This is one of the earliest pencils created.

I don't know what I'd do without a pencil.
 

Who is my favourite product designer?

Well one of my favourite products is Lego! So I've got to say that my favourite product designer is Ole Kirk Christiansen, who created Lego in 1932.

 
 Who is my favourite photographer?

Stephen Gill. He is well known for his series of photos called 'talking to ants'. His photos address the topic of flaws and imperfections.
 
         
 
What is my favourite theme within photography?
 
I truly love all types of photography. What I love most is the ability to capture the beauty of the world in a snap shot in time.
 
 
This is a photo I took when I went to Bournemouth. I took this with my iPhone 4S. 
 
What is my favourite photograph?

The Girl in the Room – Johnson and Johnson’s Imagine by Phoebe Rudomino
 
I just think this is a truly beautiful image.
 
So there we go! Thank you so much for getting to the end, I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed making it!
 
Thank you so much to Portfolio By Izzie for letting me do this! Make sure you check her Q and A out too!
 
I hope this has inspired you and let me know your answers to the questions, I love to hear from you.
 
Thanks again, hope you have a wonderful day!
 
 
 

6 comments: